Saturday, March 12, 2005

Author Link Page Up & Quick SEO Lesson

Link exchanges are important, but applying proper search engine optimization techniques to our link exchanges will increase traffic to both of our sites.

Click here for the PublishAmerica Authors Link Partners Page.

Click here for instructions for the EmpowerWomenNow.com link partner exchange.

Link exchanges are critical for better positioning in search engine rankings. But, you must pick and choose the links, update them quarterly and don't just put any-one and everyone's website who requests an exchange.

They should have equal or better Goggle Page Rank and be of the same topic as your site.

Now, as a new PublishAmerica Author, I'm offering this as a service to keep the community of PublishAmerica Authors together, as we are all marketing and publicizing our books on a shoestring budget. We all are a community to authors trying to help each other anyway we can.

But, if we're trying methods that do not work, we are wasting all our time.

Certain exception must apply, but you need to maintain order and criteria. Ultimately we are all in the business of selling our books and profiting from them.

Another note to aspiring authors is that it's more important to have links back to your page. The more links to your site from other sites, tell the search engines that others think your website it important, so we better visit that site and rank it.

This is why we create exchanges = to give to get.

When your book and content-rich website gets noticed more...more people will be linking to you becuase they recommend what you have to offer. This is the ultimate goal.

Higher ranking on the search engines drives more traffic to your site, but you need to generate traffic to get high ranking.

It's a vicious cycle...but this is how online marketing works.

Remember, people are not looking for Ponn Sabra or Empowering Women To Power Network. If they are...great. But people start at the search engines to find things they are looking for, such as solutions to their problems and answers to their questions. I'll follow with a detailed post regarding this topic later.

So, back to link exchanges:

Links just the URL will NOT cut it.
http://www.EmpowerWomenNow.com will not get more traffic to my site.

Fortunately, I picked an action-driven domain name that expresses some intriguing interest, so women may click on my URL from your site. But it's the "Why should your traffic want to visit me or my site?"

Please refer back to MarketAbility--Book Publicity and Promotion with a Twist and start putting content-rich descriptions so people know why they should be visiting my site from yours.

What would You click:

http://www.empowerwomennow.com OR

Empowering Enlightened Women Entrepreneurs to Save Time, Earn More Money & Find Success Now

The search engines crawl over the links and associates the title-tag with the link. If there isn't one, it's just another URL, and the link is not important.

Let's take the 2 examples of Link Exchanges I have right now:

PJ Lawton's Writing Pages - Author Links

And


James T. Stumpo The Ambassadors Agenda - Author's Links

If you go to PJ's Author Links page, I'm just another author...do people really go down the list and say, hey "Ponn Sabra" that's a cool author, let me click on the URL below?

While, I hope so...the chances are slim. If you also look at his page, I have a better chance that they'd click on my site becuase of the domain name. Even if you're using a free website builder, you can register a cheap domain at godaddy.com

Now, at James's page, my click is "Author Ponn Sabra" At least the search engine with associate "Author" and "Ponn Sabra" with my link here, get it?

What's better is when the search engines crawl and find Empowering Enlightened Women Entrepreneurs to Save Time, Earn More Money & Find Success Now when they see my URL. The more there's a description (AKA "title tag") the more reason the search engine you are for real and here to stay.

URLs come & go, as in PJ's example. James' example is alittle better. But my example is how the search engine works = proper search engine optimization techniques (SEO) with our link exchange.

I hope PJ and James' appreciates the extra publicity in letting me use their sites as examples. I'm here to educate and empower us all to increase traffic online to our websites so we can all ultimately sell more books.

PJ & James, I also optimized your site here on this blog & my website correctly. I know my visitors are clicking on your site and your getting 'hits' with the proper title-tag, therefore the search engines should find you soon ;-)


Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home