Monday, March 07, 2005

Book publicity business cards the cheap way

Don't waste Valuable Book-Publicity Business Card advertising space ~ every millimeter counts!

This post will reiterate my tone of Valuable email real estate wasted in that you have to start thinking creatively in order to get the best-bang for your buck with every single book publicity effort you make.

So, here's my cheap, yet highly professional lay-out that I used to make my book publicity business card to be distributed at the event I hosted, Toledo Home-Business Moms Expo:

Business Card front side has my picture and professional logo of my website, EmpowerWomenNow.com. m and contact information. (Just the "Empower Women Now" logo, becuase I do not have a book cover designed yet). Like this:


[Picture][Logo]
PONN M. SABRA, MPH
Author, Empowering Women to Power Network ~ How-to Save Time, Earn More Money & Live a Life of Success By Building Quality Relationships Everywhere You Go
4615 Holland-Sylvania #6, Toledo, Ohio, USA 43623
Phone; 419-882-2338, Fax: 413-643-8594
Email: ponnsabra@gmail.com

For FREE Tips & Tools for Women Entrepreneurs,
Sign-up at http://www.EmpowerWomenNow.com

Business card back side says (part of my back-cover copy & my best testimonial):

Are you an empowered woman getting everything you want out of life? If not, read and learn how!

A horrible car accident in July 2004 empowered this work-at-home-mom to write a one-of-a-kind inspirational, multi-cultural and spiritual resource-guide in 3-days while in bed. Ponn offers tips, tools and steps to empower women to create a power network so they will live a life of success every single day. This is one of the first networking books that challenge women to start building a power network from the beginning to the end, and Ponn motivates you every step of the way.
This is the best thing to come along since “Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul”…I look forward to offering this book to all of my Team Woman members. ~ Karyn Fagan, Founding President of Team Women, world’s first “women-only” network marketing organization
I have the nice business-card stock paper which was about $12. I sent it to CopyMax
(I personally and professionally prefer them over Kinkos). The color-copy side was $0.89 a page (10 business cards per page) and $0.08 black & white copy for the back, with a fee for lamenate it (they recommended).
Fees are cheaper for more copies, but I ran out of printer cartridge the night before and was forced to print outside. By the way, I didn't lamanate my business cards, and they still looked great.
Here's the good news: when they were printing it out 2 words, about 2 letters on top of 2 other letters, so the job was free. Becuase I was on a time-schedule, I couldn't wait for them to print more correctly. It was on the back-side and not too noticeable, and the front color with the lamenate looked great. None that's cheap ;-)
The back side is not to waste valuable marketing space, so a tiny mistake like that is fine. I already posted these business cards on the library bullentin board, and will be leaving it on the MD waiting area tables and just placing it out as much as possible.
Slip them in with your bills. Give them at socials.
By placing an excerpt of your book on the back-side, it serves as a great conversational piece, as well.
Post ways or places you leave your business card in the comment section below.

Technorati Tags: , , ,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home