Tuesday, March 22, 2005

FREE book publicity through press releases

You do NOT have to wait until you have an ISBN or book cover copy to start your press release campaign for your book publicity and marketing: FREE book publicity and marketing tips for book author on a shoestring budget.

The goal of your press release campaign now will be to position yourself as an Expert/Authority on your book title. Therefore, when the book is finally released, there will be a huge fan club waiting for their autographed copy.

Click here to go to my personal Press Release page.

Check out this one press release that received immediate response and coverage: The Toledo Home-Business Moms Expo Gains National Attention and Moving to the SeaGate Convention Centre.

Yes the above press release it's not on my website's Press Release page.

Given my time crunch, I post all my press releases on my Blog becuase it has an RSS feed for journalists to download, and has search engines crawling that site more regularly.

Also due to my time crunch, I have not posted all the FREE publicity I received from my regular and consistent press release campaign.

I actually have to cut, scan and post all my clippings on a later date, but here's a list of my coverage so far:

- One-half page article in Toledo's Business Advantage, (Toledo's free montly business magazine) in January 2005.

- One-quarter page article in Sylvania Advantage (Sylvania is the Toledo suburb where I live, bi-monthly free newspaper).

- Two-paragraph blurb with my bylines (name, title and contact email address) in Toledo's Business Advantage in March 2005, the Women's History Month edition

- Michigan's Forum Online

Copywriting at its best:

I sent this press release last Friday: The Toledo Home-Business Moms Expo Gains National Attention and Moving to the SeaGate Convention Centre,

- I had an one-hour interview with Toledo Free Press today.

- Business Advantage replied the day they received my press release.

- The publisher of Toledo City Paper and Toledo Area Parent News replied today and is setting up a personal meeting with me.

Honesty, it takes time. I've been working very hard with my press releases.

It actually took me 3 weeks of daily coaching to write my first "book" press release: Let Me Show You How Women Can Save Time, Earn Money and Live a Life of Success Now, and I didn't get a single contact.

But with practice and time, I got better. And, the better I get, the more coverage I get. The more coverage, the more reputable and larger the coverrage.

So start small and local and grow. Practice small and local and develop your interviewing skills.

At the very least...do NOT wait. Start now!

Regular and consistent press release campaigning pays off:

Please note the dates of my first press release: December 18, 2004.

Actually, I started in late October becuase my first Expo was November 6, 2004...my very first public book publicity appearance.

Being regular and consistent, I've been able to develop a nice rapport and relationship with the local media. I know one Editor has a "Women's Empowerment = Ponn" folder...pretty sweet, huh?


Book Authors:

Here's the catch: I did not sign my contract until December 28, 2004 becuase I was in negotiations since September 2004. So, way before I was even in the book production phase I started my press release campaign for my book
Empowering Women to Power Network ~ How-to save time, earn more money and live a life of success by building quality relationships everywhere you go.

Where to send your press releases:

Newspapers, radio, news stations (TV)

1. Become a local expert. Start collecting all your free newspapers in the groceries and start creating a local mailing list.

2. FREE press release websites. These are the ones I use:

http://prweb.com/ Given the time crunch...always list here first!
http://prfree.com/index.php
http://free-press-release.com/
http://pressmethod.com/release.htm
http://click2newsites.com/

3. Become your book title's expert online. I have a mailing list just for Women's Empowerment websites, talk radio shows, etc.

Good luck. Please post your success stories here!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home